Friday, October 26, 2012

Exiled

Chase Williams is a demon hunter in the Circle, or at least he was supposed to be. On his fifteenth birthday, Chase stepped up to the altar to claim his elemental power, but it never came. Elemental magic is passed down to a hunter through the bloodline, but on Chase's birthday, the bloodline stopped.

Exiled without the Circle's protection, Chase has spent two years trying to survive a world riddled with half-demons and magic. When he has a run in with a frightened and seemingly innocent demon, he learns the Circle's agenda has changed: the Circle plans to unlock a portal and unleash pure-blood demons into the world.

Vowing to stop them, and knowing he can't do it alone, Chase forms a reluctant alliance with Rayna - a sexy witch with an attitude and a secret. In their attempt to stop them however, Chase and Rayna find themselves in the middle of the Circle's plan, leaving one of them to decide what their friendship is worth, and the other's life depending on it.




So I have to say this book really surprised me. I’m not use to reading books written by a male and I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. It took me a little while to get through the book and it’s not because I didn’t like it because I totally loved it! It’s amazingly written, M.R. Merrick is a complete genius I swear. So you’re probably wondering why it took me some time to get through it right? Well if you noticed the books I usually read are well, love stories. Exiled is packed with magic, vampires, demons, half-demons, and hunters, not to mention some awesome action scenes. So you can see why it took me some time to get through it, it’s definitely a deep book and once I set time aside to actually dive in it captivated me until I finished it!


So Chase, he’s a hunter who is living in the shadow of his father Riley Williams. Riley is famous amongst the Circle and the Underworlders as the fiercest fighter. On the day that Chase goes to the ceremony to see what elemental power he will have, something happens that leads to Chase and his mom Tessa being Exiled from the circle. Now they are living on their own and every time Chase is trying to get home, demons or vampires attack him, though he doesn’t have a power he can definitely kick some ace.  Totally hot I might add!Well one night he runs into Rayna, and the life he thought he knew is forever changed.

Rayna is this half-demon half-hunter that’s also a witch, totally unheard of. She is also exiled, not in the sense as Chase but close to it. You see she kills her kind, well the bad ones anyways, so she doesn’t fit in with the Underworlders, and she looks too much like a demon to fit in with the hunters. Marcus is a hunter whose taken Rayna under his wing and helps her develop her powers and her element. When they stumble upon Chase in an alley, things begin to shift.

Though there is no defined love story you can’t help but see the attraction between Chase and Rayna, it leaves me hope for the books to come. Will Chase and Rayna be more important than they realize? Will Chase be able to set aside all of the things he was taught to be wrong? Where will this path he takes leave him and just how does Rayna’s uniqueness fight into this equation? You’ll have to find out for yourself!

-Dani


I read this book QUITE a while ago and think that Matt is an awesome writer.  I am used to all the love stories or the Paranormal books with love stories in them so the first time I read Exiled I kept reading waiting for that inevitable AWWWWW. Well NOT quite but what I got was an awesome, action packed story! You will see Dani's reaction above, so I will give you a quick run down.

Chase..... well he and his mom have been Exiled (name of book) From the Circle of Hunters because Chase came up with no powers.  He and his mom were cast out and have been living on their own.  Chase has been fighting "underworlders" on his own. They seem to find him wherever he goes.  This is where he runs into Rayna and Marcus.  I am not going to go to explain too much because you really need to read this.  How do they all help each other? 
What Powers DOES Chase develop?  What does this mean for him?

The cast of characters in this book are amazing, you find yourself laughing or wondering what they all look like! I suggest you dive into this world that M.R. Merrick created. You won't be sorry! 

-Christina

You can buy Exiled on Amazon HERE  and on B&NHERE
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking Chase & Rayna have a future. Heehee. Great review chicks!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete