Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Haunting Season


 
Be careful what you let in...
Siler House has stood silent beneath Savannah's moss-draped oaks for decades. Notoriously haunted, it has remained empty until college-bound Jess Perry and three of her peers gather to take part in a month-long study on the paranormal. Jess, who talks to ghosts, quickly bonds with her fellow test subjects. One is a girl possessed. Another just wants to forget. The third is a guy who really knows how to turn up the August heat, not to mention Jess's heart rate...when he's not resurrecting the dead.

The study soon turns into something far more sinister when they discover that Siler House and the dark forces within are determined to keep them forever. In order to escape, Jess and the others will have to open themselves up to the true horror of Siler House and channel the very evil that has welcomed them all.



OH.MY.GOD I’ve never been one to read scary books, watch movies or shows yes, but not books. Why you might ask, well I have a theory. My theory is no one, I mean NO ONE can scare you more than your own mind. Watching something there’s always clues when something is about jump out by the creepy music…when you read a book, at least when I do, my mind is already acting out the scene. I have to say Michelle Muto, BRAVO because I don’t get creeped out that easy especially when its ghost related, but you had me at the edge of my seat. I seriously could not put this book down and when I had to I got annoyed so everyone just left me alone. It is now midnight and I just finished it!!
We all have our own beliefs on whether or not ghosts are real, but it doesn’t mean one is right or wrong. I am a believer based on experiences I’ve had dealing with the paranormal. Sometimes things happen that can’t be explained and I absolutely loved this book. I loved the characters even more. It flowed perfectly and can see myself re reading this book over and over. So what’s the story about?

Well 4 teens are brought together for a ‘study’ on whether or not the house changes people and if they have supernatural abilities. Jess is the only one out of the four who truly wants to be there. She has hopes of seeing her father or grandmother’s spirits. Bryan has a different ability, one that I can say could come in handy in certain situations if it didn’t take a major toll on your body. Allison is a little different. You can’t help but feel bad for her because she practically lives in a nightmare. She comes off as insane at first but it turns out she’s the only one that’s been making the most sense. Then there’s Gage *swoons* his ability is mega creepy and I definitely wouldn’t want that. Jess and Bryan don’t mind being at the house, it interests them. Allison and Gage on the other hand, were forced to be there.

“It was as though it harbored something she could only explain as an essence or soul.”

What secretes does the house hold? Why is the government so interested in their abilities? Can a house really be alive? I don’t know about you guys but have you ever walked up to a building and get the creeps? It’s like it’s watching you so you look around trying to find the pair of eyes looking at you, but there’s no one there. It’s like those old time paintings where you feel like the eyes move when you do….CREEPTACULAR

“I saw a man upon the stairs. I saw a man who wasn’t there. He wasn’t there
 again today, I wish the man would go away.”

I love how Michelle wrote this book. It’s the perfect amount of suspense, creepy, and romance. That’s right there is romance in the book…well as romantic as it could get with it being dark and haunted. Sometimes LOVE knows no bounds and happens in the least expected place. Or maybe having a similar traumatic experience brings you closer…. Hell who am I kidding if Gage doesn’t make you swoon I don’t know what will! He definitely had me eating out the palm of his hand…

“I told you I’d win your heart,” 

I hope there is more to this story. The ending was perfect and though I am perfectly ok with the way the story ended, I want to know what’s going on with the house now that it’s no longer vacant. I want to know if something follows the character’s home. I want to know if the government trulybelieves what they think happened or if their plotting…I mean after all it is the government. So Michelle Muto if you are reading this… I WANT MORE, kk thanks! 

Pick up your copy now! Like right now and then devour it and maybe possibly sleep with the lights on  :)

-Dani


Buy The Haunting Season on Kindle 
HERE  and on Nook HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment