Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ivy League Gabe - Interview


So it was pretty cool when Chris Waltz let us borrow Gabe, from his book Ivy League for a few minutes.  We were able to sit down and ask him a few questions.  Let me tell you this guy is not giving up much.  He keeps up his guard, but is pretty funny. We hope you enjoy getting to know Gabe Malvado just a bit more!
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Wow, so I can't believe that we get to interview you Gabe. I'm sort of intimidated. *laughs* I'm Christina by the way, and this is Dani Thanks for taking time to sit with us and answer a few questions.
Well, you should feel lucky. I don’t do interviews often and I kind of like to keep a low profile. I’m not sure how I got talked into this actually. I’m thinking there was money involved.
 
Okay so let's get to a few questions.
 
What did you think when Jamie approached you with this business idea?

 *laughs* So, you know about that? He’s not the best at keeping secrets. I guess since you know, it won’t kill me to talk about it. My first thought was “who does this kid think he is?” I’d never talked to him before, and here he was, approaching me about selling drugs with him. I had to admit, he had balls for even mentioning it, so I decided to hear him out.
 
What was the deciding factor that made you decided to go into a partnership with Jaime?
 
I like to take chances, and this seemed like the biggest gamble I could take at the time. I had no intentions of it working out or lasting more than a week or two, but I jumped at the opportunity to teach someone what I know. Growing and selling Weed is my thing… so why not pass on my talents?
 
You seemed kind of a loaner at school. Did you choose that or did it just happen?
 
I was never the ‘popular’ guy at school, but I’d never want to be either. Plus, when you’re in the business I’m in, you learn not to keep many close friends. When you’re breaking the law, everyone is an enemy. Life is just easier that way.
 
 You mentioned to Kip that he and Jaime can go into a family business, Is that how you got started?
 
Yes. Without giving too much information, my brother taught me everything I know. I don’t know if I’d call it a “family” business; my father is a prosecutor and my mother is a typical trophy wife, and neither of them know anything about my business path.
 

Knowing now what you know, would you if given the chance, go back and never start?
 I have no regrets in my life.

 
 You had to know the 'arrangement' was going to end badly right? I mean the deal seemed too good to be true.
 
I wouldn’t say it ended badly. It took an unexpected turn and things worked out differently than planned. But was it bad? I don’t think so. Wow… with that answer, I should look into becoming a politician.

What's your ultimate opinion of Jaime? Was he a good business partner in dealing with the contacts?
 
Jamie is more of a people person than I could ever hope to be. He made friends with the contacts and made them feel like he was really doing them a great service. However, that’s a double-edged sword. You can’t get too close to people you’re selling drugs to. Life doesn’t work that way.
 
Do you regret involving him in the deal?
 
Jamie came to me, wanting in. He knew the risks and consequences; we both knew what we were getting ourselves into. I stand by me previous comment of not having any regrets in my life.
 
What would you have done with your share of all that money?
 
Oh, I love investigative reporting. I won’t say now, but Jamie has a big mouth. Maybe you’ll learn one day.
 
If you could tell Jaime one thing, something that you keep hidden under the angry charade, what would it be and why?
 
What makes you think my anger is a charade? I don’t pretend to be anything I’m not, and anything I’d ever tell Jamie, I’m more than willing to say to his face.
 
Tell me something about yourself, something that you wouldn't normally want to share. We promise to keep it a secret.
 
 Oh, I’m not falling for that. I’m not one to put my guard down like that. I don’t normally keep secrets, but I guess one thing I can tell you is that I love what I do. I wouldn’t want to grow up to be a doctor, a lawyer, or a business executive. That’s not the life for me. I live by the motto of life fast, die young, and I plan to do that until my very last day on Earth.
 
Gabe, thank you so much for taking time away from your "stuff" to talk with us.
 
It was my pleasure, or whatever.




 Ivy Leauge - Look For More about Gabe in Ivy League by Christopher Waltz

No comments:

Post a Comment