Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TIFFANY KING... stops by today!

So we all know how I absolutely adore Tiffany King right? Well when KP over at Ink Slinger sent out invites to host a spotlight for Tiffany on our blog, you know I jumped at it. Seriously, I totally jumped, and maybe squealed a little bit. Lol. Anyways if you haven't checked out her books you are seriously missing out!! Check out ALL OF HER BOOKS like now... in fact if you have a Kindle go HERE or if you have Nook go HERE but today we are featuring Tiffany's first NA No Attachments, you have to read this book. Beyond awesome you can check out our reviews HERE

Ashton Garrison walked away from her current life to escape the one thing she is unwilling to face. She knows her decision may be selfish, but in the end, leaving will be far less painful for everyone. She now has one goal: live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. What Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan.

Nathan Lockton specializes in locating a mark. He's done it over and over again--no attachments and no emotion necessary. What he thought was a routine lost and found job has forced Nathan to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. He's never fallen for a target, and yet, he's never met anyone like Ashton. Now deep in a dilemma, Nathan must decide to follow his heart or complete the job he was hired to do.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: if the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?


Because we Love Tiffany so much we just had to interview her!! So here you go!!


Hey Tiffany thanks for meeting with us! We absolutely love you and are so thrilled to be featuring you on our blog! (Pink = Dani, Purple = Christina)

So I have to admit Im a total fan-girl, Ive read and absolutely LOVED every single one of your books. As you might know, Wishing for Someday Soon is my favorite. It holds a special place in my heart because of some experiences in my life. Out of your books that youve written, published or WIPs, which is your favorite?
Picking my favorite is very hard for me. Each story holds a special place in my heart. Miss Me Not is a story I'm very proud of because of the subject matter and all the positive feedback I have received. My unreleased manuscript, Misunderstandings has also become a favorite for me. It is the follow up to No Attachments and tells the story of Brittni. I really connected with her character. I wish I could give you a release date, but that is in the hands of my agent. I'm also a little partial to my newest paranormal book Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom. Jordyn is one of my favorite characters. I love her attitude.

Most artists (yes I include writers in this category) use personal experiences to influence their art. Do you?
 Every one of my stories has been influenced by some sort of experience in my life. It could have been as simple as the way a person eats all the way up to a real life-changing experience that impacted either me or someone I know. I don't know any author that doesnt draw upon their own experiences when writing. It's what makes us who were are, writer or not.

If there was one thing you hoped your readers got out of your books, what would it be?
The biggest thing I want readers to get out of my stories is hope. Yes, the stories may deal with tougher issues, but in the end, (spoiler alert coming) I'm a happily ever after kind of girl. I will always give my readers some kind of closure because my books are about how the characters persevere through their obstacles.
  
Whats your favorite part about being an author?
First, being able to actually get the stories in my head down to paper. Writing for me is like solving a maze. The fun part is that I can take whatever direction I want to get to the end. Secondly, I love interacting with people I have met as an author. I am so humbled by strangers that contact me and have enjoyed my work. I am living a dream come true.

What do you find easier to write?
Contemporary is what I love most, but I also enjoy the challenges of writing paranormal. Building an imaginary world is fun, but also exhausting because it is tougher to maintain consistency throughout the story.

Where do you gain your inspiration?
My daughter was the inspiration for my first book. Now, it's not only my family, but my readers and fans who also inspire me each and every day. Everyone is so kind and supportive and I feel truly blessed. Also, I get inspired by all the extremely talented writers I have had the pleasure of meeting. They push me to continue striving to improve.

Are you a planner or write as it comes to you?
For the most part, I'm a pantser. I don't really outline anything before I start a new story, but I do already know how it will begin, where I would like it to progress and how it will end. The rest kind of fills itself in as the story unfolds in front of me. Often, I'll see the next part of the story in my head before I go to bed at night which makes me anxious to wake in the morning so I can dive in.

It seems that Contemporary Romance is taking center stage in the book industry right now, do you worry about how your paranormal books are going to do?
 I'm a big fan of both genres, so I feel like I can dabble in both as the market continues to change. As a writer, I never want to limit myself to one genre. I especially want to continue to try and write outside of my comfort zone in order to improve.

Speaking of Paranormal & Contemporary Romance. Most of your books are YA, but you started branching out into NA with No Attachments. Do you prefer one to the other now that youve written both?
This ties into the question above. Writing NA took me out of my YA comfort zone, but I really didnt see much difference between the genres. Too me, NA is just taking the next step with characters into adulthood and introducing the new problems that life can throw at a person in their early twenties when they are no longer under the protective umbrella of their parents. Both genres are enjoyable to write and I look forward to continuing with both.

Can we expect to see more NA titles from you, possibly some paranormal NA?
Definitely yes to more NA titles. My agent already has Misunderstandings, the sequel to No Attachments, right now. As for paranormal NA, absolutely if the right story came to mind.

I used to think people were crazy when they said their characters talk to them inside their head, but now that Ive had that happen to me, Im totally on board the crazy train. Do youre characters talk to you?     
I don't necessarily hear them talking to me in my head, but their personalities are definitely persistent throughout the writing. I know how they will react in situations and what they will say. Most times, when I'm trying to sleep at night, the story will continue to run through my head.
  
Is there anything in the works that you would like to share with us?
I currently finished up three projects. Two of them, a YA contemporary romance, and the NA sequel to No Attachments are with my agent at the moment, but my newest release is the sequel to Jordyn. Book two is called Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom and released on Aug. 15, 2013.

Author Bio:
Tiffany King is the author of The Saving Angels Series, Wishing for Someday Soon, Forever Changed, Unlikely Allies, Miss Me Not and Jordyn: A Daemon Hunter Novel book one. Writer by day and book fanatic the rest of the time, she is now pursuing her life-long dream of weaving tales for others to enjoy.

She has a loving husband and two wonderful kids. (Five, if you count her three spoiled cats). Her addictions include: Her iphone and ipad, chocolate, Diet Coke, chocolate, Harry Potter, chocolate, and her favorite TV shows. Want to know what they are? Just ask.

Links:
Twitter@AuthorTiffany
FacebookTiffany King
PintrestTiffany King
GoodreadsTiffany King

No comments:

Post a Comment