Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Light of the Moon

One night long ago, a constellation disappeared and fell from the sky in the form of a boy...

Secrets are being kept in the sleepy town of Lakewood Hollow, Colorado. Nothing but pools of blood and dripping words are left where bodies once were, and no one but Calum Wade seems to be worried. Life unfolds in shades of red for Calum, until a mysterious girl named Kate Black enrolls at his school and everything changes. Suddenly a dangerous world of dream demons, elemental enchanters, and blood witches unfurls before Calum. He learns that the stars have forever held his destiny, and that the constellations above are much more than what they seem. As Kate and Calum sink deep into a paranormal war, they realize that an ancient prophecy might hold the answers they seek. But life is not so easy for Calum, and he can feel his heart beat faster whenever Kate is close. Worse, Kate's blood holds a dark secret even more dangerous than the war between the demons and enchanters. Soon the two find that there are worse things than loving someone you shouldn't. For Calum and Kate, even love and the fiery power of stars may not be enough to break a curse as dark as the blood that binds their destiny.

A romantic story of true love and dark curses, Light of the Moon will leave you breathless.




So there’s this new author right, his name is David James and he wrote this amazing book by the name of Light of the Moon. Well let me tell you this book is seriously amazing. I got so pumped up with this book and thought I knew exactly what it was going to be about, boy was I wrong, but in a very good way. I’m still not used to reading books by male authors, were love actually has a while to develop; it’s not the characters meet and instant love. Lol.  This book is seriously deep and you have to pay attention to the details. Once I got started I couldn’t stop, I tried so I can go to sleep, yeah well it didn’t happen that way at all. I was up till 1am reading to the very end and left wanting more.

So the book is about a boy named Calum, well a boy who thinks he’s a boy but is so much more. He’s had a rough home life, his dad was horrible, his mom was there but not in the way she should have been. His saving grace was his best friend Tyler. I absolutely love Tyler, he’s the perfect friend for Calum, especially now that things are getting interesting. Calum keeps having these nightmares that seem like warnings but he doesn’t know for sure exactly. The way David wrote Calum Is amazing. You can’t help but fall in love with him. He’s so much more than he realizes and to me that makes him incredibly sexy, he’s in constant turmoil with his emotions.  One of my favorite passages is this:

I closed my eyes and pressed into the mark.
A wish. Just one.
That’s all I needed.
I let go and let my heart race against everything my mind said shouldn’t be.
A wish. Love. Just one.

That’s about 5% in the book and I knew it right there that no matter what, David made me fall in love with Calum. Then he went to school and the life he knew was going to be forever changed, that change came in the form of a girl named Kate.

This is when I started getting confused and my preconceived thoughts on how this book was going to go were blown out of the water. Kate. I’m going to be honest, I didn’t really like her at first, it took me a little while to understand her and a new thought developed. She was so mean to Calum and so cryptic. I mean really who tells someone they have 3 days? 3 Days of what? Well you’re going to have to read to figure that out! As Kate and Calum spend more time together more information is provided and suspicions are confirmed. Kate’s life is just as confusing as Calum’s, and it takes the two of them together to discover what’s real and what’s fake. 

I was absolutely surprised and loved it, I can't wait for the next one, he left me with a cliffhanger, sigh lol. David created a magnificent world that is beautifully captivating. So go buy Light of the Moon now and sit down are read it, you just might look at the stars differently. 

-Dani

David James.... you Bowled me over!!!  What Can I say about this breakout book?  First..... I thought I knew how it would go.  I was wrong.  What I can say to you readers is just read it and go on the journey David takes you on! Calum WOW I do NOT want to be him poor guy confused with all these feelings.... And WOW his dad is awful.  His mom tries to be there for him but really isn't.  LOVE his best friend Tyler, ever guy needs one like him.  KATE, well She scares me.... until later that is.  You'll see why.  

3 days..... why 3 days?  Well You need to see what happens after Kate comes and gives Calum that 3 day warning. 

Let me just tell you..... I was scared and worried through most of this book.  David created a world that I could not even imagine in my own head.  I had to read this slower than most books because there was so much to absorb! LOVED it. Well written and very detailed.  I can't wait to find out What happens next.  Yes..... it was a cliff hanger. To me anyway.  I am so glad I got pumped up about this book.  I must say, Don't MISS the details they are so important!

Now, please go get this book and step into the world that David created in Light of the Moon! 

-Christina

Go buy Light of the Moon on Amazon HERE and on Nook HERE
Be advised, the paperback copy has some extras, so you might want to pick that one up!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment