Monday, November 12, 2012

Mythology

Hope Gentry doesn’t believe in Fate. Born with an unusual power to see the dark memories of those around her, Hope just wants to be a normal teenager. But on the first day of her senior year of high school, she finds herself irresistibly drawn to a transfer student named Micah Condie. At first glance, Micah seems like a boy that most girls would dream about. But when Hope's powers allow her to discover Micah's darkest secret, she quickly becomes entangled in the lives of mythical entities she never dreamed existed. Was this her destiny all along? And will her powers help her survive the evil of the Demon Impiorum?

Mythology isn’t just for English class anymore.





So I know I’ve said it before but I will say it again….I absolutely love finding new authors to read! First with David James’ Light of the Moon, to now…Helen Boswell’s Mythology…serious LOVE! I’ve always been drawn to fantasy or mythology; it’s something that’s in my blood I think. It fascinates me on all the ways it can be interpreted depending on the person who’s doing the telling. Helen had my attention from the first page. I got completely immersed in her world of Guardians, Demons, and Soul-seers that I’m still thinking about it. 

I love Hope. She’s had a complex life, living with her older brother after her parents died, being able to see colors and visions would turn any normal person insane. Lucky for Hope, she’s not normal. Hope thought she could see a person’s aura, but finds out later on that it’s the soul that she actually sees. One of the things I love about Helen, is the way she develops her characters. Hope is different; you don’t see her complain and takes things in stride. She’s into art and goes to a gallery to check it out, almost gets shot, and runs into her first guardian.  On top of that school starts back on Monday. Usually not a big deal since Hope has managed to tune out the colors and visions of the people she’s been around a lot, but this year students from another high school will be going to hers. Their high school was destroyed, so Hope is dreading the day because new people mean new colors and visions, not fun until Micah walks his way into her home room and she gets absolutely nothing from him. I have to say I wish I had an English class like Hope had. I would have loved the class and paid attention something fierce. Hope is getting along great until she runs into, literally speaking, Micah. Something’s different about him, she just doesn’t know what exactly.

Micah knows there’s something different about him, but he’s not sure what it is. When something happens to his adopted mother that’s his fault, his father kicks him out. Staying on his own and starting a new school would seem perfect for any typical guy right? Well Micah isn’t like other guys. He has something inside him, something that’s evil. So you’re probably wondering what right? Well to find out for sure you’re going to have to read the book, trust me you probably know already!  So Micah offers Hope a ride and ends up “kidnapping” her to hang out with his friends and then to a park. You can feel their attraction immediately and when he brings her home from his kidnapping its solidified. 

I don’t want to give away anything. This is one of those books where you have to read it. Micah and Hope’s relationship isn’t going to be easy. There’s going to be a few people warning her and telling Micah to stay away.  A demon will be after Hope once he realizes she’s something more. Guardians make themselves known. It’s quite possible that an unusual alliance is formed because of Hope. She’s human but with the ability to see and defeat demons. So why couldn’t a human, demon, and guardian work together? Maybe it takes a little faith?  Maybe the message here is something more than good vs evil? That is solely up to what you as the reader takes away from this magnificent story. Helen Bowell was able to captivate my attention with Hope’s abilities, have me fall in love with Micah because of his amazing strength, and leave me wanting more with the mythological possibilities of guardians and demons.  What will you decide? Go buy the book now!

-Dani

WOW Can I say that I am glad I grabbed Helen's book Mythology.  Can I say I got sucked in right away! Love Micah, Helen said I would!

Hope Gentry is a special girl.  She can see aura's and parts of memories, well bad memories.  She later finds out that she is a Soul reader.  The gift seems to drain her a lot.  Hope lives with her brother Davis and is a senior in high school. A rival school's building burnt down and now there will be extra students around. One of them is Micah. He seems to like Hope right away, and well WHO wouldn't love the sweet Micah. (okay I said I like him enough?)

Hope learns in a Mythology class about Guardians and Demons. Later at an Art Gallery she meets a man named Jonathan.  Who is he?  Is he Human?  Ya find that out.  Also Micah keeps getting told to stay away from Hope and he and Hope decided "Uhhh no",  Hope knows there is something different about Micah.  What is that?  Read to find out.  I don't want to give EVERYTHING way! Come on people this is a Story that you will want to read and fall in LOVE with! I have. I am dying for the next book! You can be different and have love.... Hope and Micah prove that.  AND can someone PLEASE love on that Awesome Jonathan. Awww just too cute fore me.  So you see I might have liked Mythology just a bit....... well OKAY A LOT!  LOVED IT! I'd read it again! Run out.... get it and enjoy!  

-Christina

Go BUY Mythology on Amazon  HERE 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment