Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Avow


Scarlet remembers. Everything. Her past lives, Tristan, Gabriel, Nate: she remembers it all--including how to get to the Fountain of Youth. But time is running out. 

Heather and Gabriel have been kidnapped by Raven, while the curse that has plagued Scarlet and Tristan for centuries has shifted, putting the star-crossed lovers in more danger than ever before. Water from the Fountain of Youth is the only thing that can save Scarlet and her loved ones. But the water comes at a price.

With lives--and hearts--at stake, Scarlet leads her friends on a dangerous journey to the Fountain of Youth. Where eternal life is possible, but death is certain.


So I’ve been anxiously waiting for the ending of The Archers of Avalon Trilogy, and let me tell you this book did not disappoint! Chelsea Fine is absolutely amazing and I love her to pieces! Not going to lie I was a little worried that it might not have an HEA but I was totally wrong! Not to mention a little epilogue at the end that might or might not hint to a continuation at some point in time if deemed necessary. Whatever the case I adore Chelsea and all her books are amazing! 


So at the end of Awry Scarlet got all of her memories back in the graveyard after Raven did some damage. The fight to save Tristan’s life before he died was in full swing, and Heather needed to be rescued. You see a lot more of Tristan and Scarlet time which I absolutely love since I’m all for being Team Tristan! Don’t get me wrong Gab is amazing too, but Tristan, damn!


So Scarlet remembers where the fountain of youth is but there’s something she’s not telling anyone. Something MAJOR but I’m not telling…lol…you hate me right its ok! This book is seriously packed with awesomeness. Chelsea did a good job keeping my attention. I started it late last night and read till about 330ish this morning and put it down, not because I wanted to, but because I couldn’t handle the thought of it ending. Which is why I procrastinated till a few hours ago and then finished it in an hour.. I will say that this might not be the end of Avalon and the mysterious fountain of youth. We shall see what Chelsea has in store for us!


OMG NATE! I absolutely loved Nate in the others but soo much more in this one. I mean how could you not love this: “ I mean, sure, I screamed like a girl a few times and accidentally stabbed myself at the beginning, but still. I feel amazing! For the first time in five hundred years I feel alive.”  Seriously love Nate, and there’s a point he will make you cry, at least I did, but we all know how sappy I am lol.


Then there’s Heather! Love her, wish I had a BFF just like her! She went through some major ish in this book let me tell you. Being friends with immortals and semi-immortals wasn’t as cool as she thought!  I have so many fav quotes from her, but the perfect “Heather” quote is this.. ”She kidnapped us and now we’re her captives. Which is not sexy, despite the very spy-like feeling this whole situation has to it.”


Oh and then when you combine Nate and Heather…LMAO this says it all! “Heather’s eyes widened. “Werewolves are super scary.” “I know.” Nate’s eyes widened as well. Too damn funny, *sigh* I’m really not ready to let these guys go at all.


But maybe love does conquer all and if you’re wondering about Gabriel, maybe love found him along the way as well. The only way to find out is to buy the book and read it! Make sure you clear a block of time because you are not going to want to put this down!

-Dani 


Love Chelsea Fine's books especially The Archers of Avalon series.

The quest for the fountain continues in Avow. We see a moody Scarlet, a happy Tristan, (role reversal) , missing Gabriel and Heather and a oh so normal funny Nate. Chelsea takes us back in time so we can see how Nate figured out that Tristan should stay away from Scarlet because it makes her die.  And how she did due because her love was so strong she couldn't stay away. We see how Tristan became so broody and dark.

My favorite part is looking back at Scarlet's previous life. How she found the fountain area and fought with Raven.

Back to the "now", Scarlet, Tristan and Nate go to try and Rescue Gabriel and Heather and find the fountain.

What happens when the 5 friends enter the cave? Who ends up being the sacrifice that saves them all? Does Gabriel get to love again? And will Scarlet and Tristan get their Happily Ever After? You need to go read! This book was just tooooooooo good! 

-Christina


 
 Buy Avow on Kindle HERE  and on Nook HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment