Monday, December 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday-April

So since we had Logan last week, I figured I would share some April this week.  The first time you met April it was a serious scene so I figure I'd give you something a little more fun lol. So I hope you enjoy and can't wait to be able to share the whole book with you! 

He’s standing perfectly still in the doorway of the new age room staring at me. I wonder how long he’s been there and if he was the reason I was being called into that room to begin with. I’m still frozen in place, debating if he’s actually there or if my imagination is playing tricks on me. ‘Enchanted’ by Taylor Swift is playing in my ears as if this moment wasn’t enough without the lyrics to match what I’m feeling. Neither one of us is making a move, just content at staring into each others eyes. Too intense, the air around us is becoming unbearable to breath, but I don’t want to be the first to  break the stare.  That’s when his gaze drops to my lips and my teeth bite into the side of them. He pushes himself off the wall and slowly makes his way to me. Like I’m the prey he’s stalking. He’s moving with a feline grace I’ve never seen before and the instinct to retreat is paving its way through my muscles. Not because I’m scared but because I want to play.


I take a step back and he stops. He turns his head to the side trying to figure out what I’m doing. I take another step back, then another, not removing my eyes from him. He starts mirroring my steps. I’m starting to get excited with the idea of being chased, what the hell is wrong with me? I don’t do this cat and mouse game. Yet here I am backing away from him as he watches me, slowly moving forward. One of his steps matches two of mine. He’s practically in front of me when I step back again to be flushed with the wall.
So I hope you love April as much as I do and feel free to leave comments or whatever :)
xoxo -Dani 

2 comments: