Monday, December 10, 2012

Incendiary

Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship’s interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.

I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread. I find it difficult to imagine now how the Gancanagh had made this their home for so long without anyone realizing it. The cold, moss-covered edifices practically scream their presence. As I study the shadows between the falling-down stone, I imagine creeping shapes of undead Faeries grasping the rock, waiting for our ship to draw nearer to their position.

Tipping my face up, I let the rain wash over me. It bathes away the frigid sweat of fear that has broken on my brow. “You don’t know how fiercely beautiful you are, do you?” A quiet voice behind me asks, causing me to stiffen and fix my eyes on the rocks along the shoreline.



OH.MY.GOD. I was so thrilled when this book released and then had to wait a little while to begin reading it because my boys wouldn’t go to bed lol. Then I had to stop because my eyes refused to corporate with me. So I made sure I was able to finish it tonight. Kids were behaving enough to watch their cartoons while I read, yay! I absolutely LOVE Reed. We are major #TeamREED on this blog lol! 

So poor Evie! I mean she can’t catch a break. The undead, Brennus wants her as her Queen. The Fallen want her soul…possibly more? Then there are the Angels….can they be trusted? It seems like the only people that can be trusted is Reed, Russell, Brownie, Buns, and Zephyr. So what to do when you have numerous armies after you?

New players are introduced. Evie’s father is back with vengeance, but is he there to protect her like a father should or is he there to force her into submission? Then there’s an ex-boyfriend who might possibly be more than what she thought he was. Oh and Russell might not be as innocent as we all thought he was….could he possibly belong to someone else as well?

Evie and Russell’s powers grow more and more each day, Seraphim are at the top of the totem pole, so to speak, but they are more than that…so where shall their spot lie? What’s to come? Will Brennus finally claim Evie? Is Evie’s and Reed’s love enough or was it an act of convenience?

I absolutely LOVE Amy Bartol! I can say there was a moment where I got upset and was extremely worried…still am…but I have faith that Amy won’t kill me lol. There is going to be another book….*sigh* more waiting lol

-Dani

Well Amy Bartol did it again!!! As a huge Reed fan I was highly anticipating this book! Loved It!! I feel that Reed and Evie will not get a break... Sigh.... Amy please!!! 

In this story Reed and the gang are on Zee's Island, but Brennus knows where they are and is coming for Evie. So we find our Friends on the run and hiding from Brennus and his ally's. Reed contacts Evie's dad Tau for help. That does not please her too much. With Tau comes a group of Seraphim, including 2 that are very familiar to her. Cole and Xavier went to school with Evie along with Tau, when she thought she was just human. She even Dated Xavier. He seems to be possessive of her... Read to find out this reason!! Oh the challenges Evie faces!
What happens when Brennus Takes Reed??  What does Evie do to save him? And my love for Reed continues.... There will be a book 5!

What will our group of friends overcome next?


-Christina

Buy Incendiary on Kindle HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment