Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blood Bond

Hybrids.


If I had to choose one word to sum up all of my problems, this would be it.
Without hybrids, I wouldn’t have to watch my best friend slowly becoming a monster. Without hybrids, I could let go of the mentality “hunt or be hunted.” CHAS wouldn’t be scouring the Earth, intent on slaughtering and using Alex to do it. Without hybrids, I wouldn’t have to be on guard that losing my temper meant losing my shape. There would be no monster inside me, struggling to get out.


Then again, without hybrids, I wouldn’t have Wesley St. John.
 
 
OMG OMG OMG *takes a deep breath*  so the ending to Cold Blood was pretty intense but has absolutely nothing on Blood Bond! Yes its taken me forever to finally start and finish it but let me tell you once you hit about 50% you can't put the book down, well at least I couldn't! 

So Blood Bond started with "graduation" from Wood Point and Tara having a roomie for the summer, Cambria!! Fun times right and then getting to see Wes!!!! How awesome and exciting right?! Wrong... Well let's just say Tara and Wes can't catch a break...

George is changing, the hybrids are still gunning for Tara with a new person in control, and some things are going down with CHAS that's not quite right... Tara has some decisions she has to make on top of facing the wolf that's clawing to get out... Faced with more questions than answers, Tara sets out to find Astor DeLuca... Is he crazy, sane, or does he just know how to play the part? Will Tara be able to save George and at what cost? 

Then there is Alex. Wanting to protect Tara but does he go to far? Is he really ready to face the consequences? Does he betray the one person he wanted to protect? 

Heather had me all over this book and the ending OMG can't book 4 be out already because I don't know if I can take the suspense!!! I just want Wes to catch a break, it's been none stop obstacles in his way Tara.... She makes her mind up at the end... Wes or Alex? Cause or CHAS? Well your going to have to read to find out!
 
-Dani
 
Having been a fan of Dirty Blood and Cold Blood, I was excited to see how Blood Bond would go.  Once I started reading I was reminded of how Cold Blood ended and was ready to see what was becoming of Tara's wolf side.  The book opens up a little after where Cold Blood left off, its the end of school and Everyone is getting ready to either graduate or head home for the summer. Alex and Tara's friendship is uncomfortable (read to see why).  Tara gets a roommate for the summer in the form of Cambria! So much fun!  Wes has been hunting hybrids with Tara's grandma and others.  Once Tara and Cambria make it home and the reunions are made with her "home friend" Things are NOT going to just be lazy..... no of course not.... hypbrids are STILL hunting her.... SOMEONE is following Mile's orders still.  Tara's mom...... wellllllllll lets just say is REALLLY Strict.  George...... well he is healing, annnnnd turning. Tara is there to help him...... and they have a strong friendship AND an interesting bond.  You will meet Astor Deluca.  Is he Crazy? Is he smart?  Maybe both? What information does he tell Tara about herself?  Tara has to do some interesting work to get to him and Lets say asks for help from ALEX.  Lets talk about Alex for a sec, k?  Well Alex.... wants to do ANYTHING for Tara, but is it the Right thing?  You will find out.  AND what is with all those hybrids and what happens when Tara tries to help them??? HUGE things! And Tara makes a decision at the End of the book. Do you know what it is?  I do.
 
I LOVED this latest book by Heather Hildenbrand.  IF you havent read the other books you should!  I can't wait for book 4! 

-Christina

Buy BLOOD BOND on Amazon HERE and on Nook HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment