Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cold Blood

Wood Point Academy is not at all what I expected. For one thing, it looks like a cross between
military school and Buckingham Palace. Everyone stares, the floors shine so bright you can see your reflection in them from a mile away, and no one smiles. Unless they're kicking your butt in the process.

At least I've got plenty to take my mind off the fact that my psycho cousin, Miles De'Luca, keeps calling and declaring his love and promising to come for me just as soon as he's destroyed anyone standing in our way. Wes isn't going to like that idea. So between Miles, Wood Point's evil welcoming committee, and the drill sergeant hottie trainer from hell, I just keep asking myself, how did I end up here?
 
OMG! Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand totally blew my mind! Seriously, like I literally ran to the comp to write the view as soon as I finished the book! So to be perfectly honest, at the beginning and most of the book until I hit about half way, I was so frustrated! You can totally ask Christina because I was texting her the entire time… So new characters were introduced in this book, I mean obviously right, Tara got sent to Hunter’s school which means new people.   Totally ok with that, until Alex came into play and then I got really worried, total die hard Wes fan!

So Tara arrives at the school and everyone of course is being rude to the “new” student, but because she is “dirty blood”, hate that term by the way, so glad Heather started using hybrid. Ok so the first friend Tara makes is Logan. Love Logan, he’s pretty awesome. Then she meets Cambria, and I love her seriously Cam is totally my type of girl, she kind of reminds me of Christina. Then there is Alex, *sigh*, don’t get me wrong I like Alex, he seems totally awesome, however anyone who tries to get in the way of Wes and Tara has me iffy. With not wanting to give too much away about the triangle that has seemed to develop between Tara, Wes, and Alex I have to draw the line here!

Miles, ugh, really what’s to say about Miles but that someone needs to deal with him already! He wants Tara and is willing to do whatever it takes to get her….that means creating an army and starting a war, the kicker is it’s people the hunter community knows…captivated yet? You totally should be because this book kicked major werewolves! Then there is Cord, sent by Wes to “babysit” Tara, has immense hatred toward Miles. Heather provides some back story for why she does and also why Cord has issues with Tara, which is great because she was starting to piss me off, but I could understand her a little more with the reasoning behind the animosity. 

Tara is still fighting the issue with being kept out of the loop of everything, trying to decipher her feelings for Alex, and also trying to determine if the feelings she and Wes feel towards each other is real or tied to the magnetic pull they have towards each other. Now on top of that Miles comes through on his threat and all hell breaks loose, literally. The ending is extremely intense and leaves you wanting to grab book 3, Blood Bond. I’m telling you it’s so hard for me to not start this book and head to bed, and sleep is a must if I want to start feeling better!  So with that I am telling you now Cold Blood was extremely awesome and so intense that I fell in love with the way Heather writes even more than before, I seriously can’t wait to check out her other books!

-Dani

So, I've read this book Twice, tell ya how much I loved it? In Cold Blood we see Tara off to a hunter boarding school. She is going to learn the ways of the hunters. But since she is coming mid year and new to everything she has a lot of making up to do. People at school sense she is a "dirty blood". She is given a tutor named Alex, who is good at what he does. At first he's not all that nice to her and let's just say, they go to blows, it was awesome.  Tara does make awesome Friends.... I will say I LOVE Cambria, you'll see why. Tara does miss Wes a whole bunch, he's busy with the cause and they have limited phone time. Miles is still trying to get to her, uses George, Alex makes a pass, Wes, gets upset, there's an argument.... And Tara tries to take on Miles, ends up with Alex for a bit who saves her, but then makes up with Wes. Then HUGENESS happens at the end... Attack of the Miles made wolves .... Go read to see how Tara and Wes... Take care of things. Loved this book. Love heather and fir sure the next book you'll want to! This has been my rambling review! Intrigued?

-Christina Buy Cold Blood on Amazon HERE and on Nook HERE

2 comments: