Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dirty Blood

I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.




I am so so so excited that Christina recommended Heather Hildenbrand! As soon as I started Dirty Blood, I seriously could not put it down, yes it was that good! I’ve come down with a cold, thanks to this crazy weather we are having in Las Vegas, 100 plus degrees with rain, no bueno let me tell you!  I would totally be starting book 2, Cold Blood, if my meds weren’t kicking in!

So Tara,  the MC in this book just broke up with her boyfriend Greorge, walking out of the pool hall she was at to make it to the bus stop, only to be attacked by Liliana. Normally it would be no big deal right, coming across a stranger in the ally, well Lilana isn’t a normal stranger, she isn’t normal at all.  Relying on her reflexes, Tara manages to kill Lilana, the werewolf and turns into Wes’s arms. Let me tell you if I had to have a werewolf around me, Wes would definitely be my top choice!

Though Wes helps Tara out, there’s something different about him as well. Wes has his suspicions of what Tara is but for some reason can’t confirm it, so they take a trip to meet Jack, another Were.  In the meantime Tara and Wes spend more time together and this magnetic force draws them together…but is it attraction or is it simply because of whom they are or should I say what they are? Innocent people are used to send Tara a message; message sent by a werewolf by the name of Leo…Intrigued yet?? This is when the story starts getting way interesting, wait I forgot to mention the swoon worthy kiss between Wes and Tara…that’s right it was wicked awesome and totally leaves you wanting more!
 
Tara finally figures out she’s more like Wes than they both originally thought, which further confuses Tara. A few fights break out, then a massive set up by someone Jack thought he could trust. Everyone around Tara is trying to protect her when all she wants to do is be able to do something. That’s the only thing that frustrated me, I just wanted Tara to be able to do what she wanted and it seems like all the way to the end someone is always calling shots for her, telling her what to do…..at the end the person they were trying to protect her from, she ends up proving her strength and taking care of the problem. 

I seriously cannot wait to start reading Cold Blood! I have a new author to add to my ever growing list of favorites! I definitely will be checking out Heather’s other books!

 -Dani 


So I just love Heather!! :)  I found her books through Angeline Kace who wrote "Descended by Blood".  I tried out Dirty Blood Last year and LOVED it!! Could not wait for book 2 and got it as soon as it came out.  I am not going to write a long review like Dani did but just give you what I LOVED about the book! 

First I loved Tara! She is strong and handles all the stuff that is thrown at her pretty well.  Second is Wes! Wes saves Tara and is pretty responsible for teaching Tara what she really is.  In this world of Hunter's and Werewolves there is so much to learn.  One thing to learn is that Tara and Wes are drawn to each other.... and that is something that you as a Reader need to learn WHY.  I already know. I am not gonna tell you!  In this first book everything is set up to explain Tara and Wes's backgrounds. You will for sure want book 2 - Cold Blood Right after! I am ALLLLLLL Team Wes.  For a tough guy he has a soft heart hidden under there..... Well that is just my opinion.  Okay stop reading this and Go read Dirty Blood! :) 

-Christina

Buy Dirty Blood on Amazon HERE or on Nook HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment